We all seem to be going through a Spring sickness. It started with the kids. Saturday, Danielle and I have it. In spite of this obstacle, we were able to finish the re-installation of our new Salestone countertop. The old countertop was a green 10 year old laminate. The color was made even more unendurable by the new blue tile Danielle and I installed during the early spring.
On Friday, my Spanish speaking friends from South and Central America arrived courtesy of Home Depot (just like B&K in the UK) to install the new counter. The guys spoke a little English but appreciated talking a bit in Spanish. The job itself did not look too difficult. It was really one of lifting the Sale Stone, making sure it did not break at sensitive points, and calking it. Not too big of a deal – but one where one mistake could break the countertop.
Our job was a bit harder. It included removing the old countertop (including adhesive), and removing the stove top and disconnecting the sink. After the counter was done, I had no problem putting the sink and the stovetop pipes back together. I tested the stovetop connection with a match to make sure their were no leaks.
However, the brackets holding the sink down would no longer fit because the new SaleStone countertop was thicker then the old laminate countertop. When I went to Home Depot for a new bracket, I found out that they did not carry any. The guy advised me to use a clear adhesive. So I did. I put the clear adhesive on and put about 90 lbs of weights in the sink to keep it down. Came out fine. The only thing left in the kitchen is to install tiles on the wall where their was once laminate. I will put up a picture when I get the chance.
I am now in Philadelphia for the next two days attending the AIM conference. I miss Danielle and the kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment