Wednesday, May 04, 2005

In Denver

Here I am out in the exciting West. My excitement, like George Bush's, is limited to trying to get plenty of sleep. I fall asleep at a normal time out here but I wake up at a normal East coast time. Well for the next two days I will be doing more training on our company's recent production acquisition - Alchemy. For those enquiring minds that want to know, Alchemy provides a fixed content management solution . Those who really can't sleep without understanding the full breadth of our solution can check it out at http://www.captaris.com/alchemy/index.html.

The really sad part of this trip is that it is my son's Conall's birthday. Conall is a INTJ (http://www.typelogic.com/intj.html). This is a typical engineering personality. Something that is near and dear to my heart due to my educational background. He loves tinkering and building. When the kids were given a book on how to build 99 different paper airplanes, Conall had to build each one successfully. His personality provides a quiet contrast in our house where everyone else is extroverted. He has the real gift to come out of no where with incredibly insightful remarks.

In UK politics, it looks like Tony Blair is on to his 3rd term. When I lived in the UK, I could never see anything more than a hair's difference between the two parties. There are very few social conservatives like myself in the UK. It seems like the social conservatives all live in Northern Ireland. Anyway, almost all the points in the cultural battle in the US have been decided in the UK in favor of the amoralists. I guess this makes them a lot like California but without the nice weather and steroid pumping governor.

In regard to the blog, I am still waiting for my first published blog comment. There will be a prize of some sort for the first submission. The prize will be cheap and of limited usefulness that befits my recently discovered Scottish roots.

No comments: