
Yesterday I read a thought provoking article in the New York Times. It concerned the underlying assumptions of modern science. Why is the physical and electromagnetic world described by orderly equations? When I was studying engineering, Professor Yevik said that everyone should know Maxwell's equations for their sheer beauty. These equations describe Electromagnetic waves such as light, radio waves, electric fields, magnetism and their inter-relationship. The logical question raised in this article by Paul Davies from the University of Arizona is why does science fall into neat and orderly equations.
I read yesterday's column by Bob Novak on Governor Mike Huckabee of Arkansas who is running second to Mitch Romney in Iowa. The article went on to lambaste Gov. Huckabee as a "False Conservative". The reason outlined is that he has been not fiscally conservative enough. Maybe Mr. Novak could explain how he compares with President Bush who should be credited with the the Federal Senior citizen prescription program, the largest expansion of social services since LBJ. Does Mr. Novak consider President Bush a False Conservative. I am afraid this is the Republican Party establishment's reaction to anyone running who is not considered one of their own. Like my parents, I consider myself an Independent.
Last, today is Aine's 6th birthday. Aine is just about the sweetest girl in the world. She is always helping with her younger sister Mairead (age 3) whenever she is hurt or needs anything. She also jumps to help with her 2 month sister, Deirdre. Last week when we were at the supermarket (Tesco) and Aine was holding the baby. One lady saw her and said she could not believe the size of Aine holding the baby. She though she had to be holding a doll. Quite honestly, there are few people who I would trust more than Aine.
We are all praying from my young niece, Elizabeth, who suffered paralysis from a stroke. We are praying that God provides her strength and courage for the road ahead. We know that God has great things in store for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment