About 2 years ago I posted about my weight and provided a chart of my weight gain over the years. http://hanleyfamily.blogspot.com/2006/06/fat-irish-american.html
I had promised myself that I would post again to update my progress. So here I am at 193 lbs (13 stone and 11 lbs or 87.7 kg). I think this is only good relative to other Americans of my age and sex. I don't think it is my ideal weight, but I stabilized at at this lower weight last year and it hasn't change too much since.
In my post two years ago, I went into the things that I was doing to lose weight. Most the changes were institutional changes such as exercising and eating less sugar. Now that I am moving back to Ireland, I really need to concentrate on setting up a new regime that allows me to eat right and exercise. I will try to post in a few months on my new program.
I finished my US exercise with playing 2 games of basketball. The team I played on was very young, fast, and good. I have not played in about 8 months. In spite of the fact that I missed some easy shots, these guys kept passing me the ball and encouraging me to shoot. After the first few misses, my shots started to go in. The second game ended with me hitting a long corner shot. Without the support of these guys, I would have stopped shooting. It just shows the power of encouragement! Something I need to remember with my children.
1 comment:
You do look thinner! Brian
Post a Comment