
I haven't written in awhile because of a few things including sickness and work. I have been traveling again. My travels have included Seattle and Calgary, Canada.
My trip to Calgary was marked by one long recreational hike. Calgary is like Denver. It is built on the Great Plains but within easy driving distance of the Rockies. About 1 hour from Calgary there is a beautiful town called Banff located in a valley in between beautiful mountain peaks and bordered by a lake. Since my co-worker and I had arrived Calgary early, we went on a drive to Banff in order to take a hike. The image shows our actual 13 mile path according to GPS and Google.
The greatest challenge was when we decided to leave the path and follow the river down to the lake. There was little or no path and the way required us many times to climb along the cliffs which lined the fast running river that flows into Minnewanka Lake. One time my coworker almost fell. I thank God that his fall was stopped by a well positioned pine tree. After the hike several of my friends in Calgary warned us that the area we went through was often frequented by bears. Instead we ran into 3 wild goats who refused to move out of our way along the final leg of our hike. With the goats still advancing towards us, we finallly stepped aside and they waled by. No problem. Our hike ended up lasting almost 4 hours. 
My friend Tim has tagged me with the list below of book and reading questions.
1. One book that changed your life: The Bible. Our family reads it almost everyday and through the whole Bible during each year. It contains God's Word and God's path of salvation through his only Son, the Lord Jesus.
2. One book that you’ve read more than once: Other than the Bible, I don't think I have ever read an adult book more than once.
3. One book you’d want on a desert island: Fishing for Dummies.
4. One book that made you laugh: Dilbert. If I had read this earlier, I would not have felt the need to get an MBA.
5. One book that made you cry [or feel really sad]: I can think of plenty of sad Irish balllads but I can't think of a book. I am going to take the liberty to change this question to "One book that was so bad you stopped reading it even though you were almost finished:" My answer would be Tess of the d'Urbervilles. The book was excellent till the end. The finish was so unbelievable that I threw the book across the room in disgust. It was if Thomas Hardy had run out of logic and reached for the most expedient ending.
6. One book that you wish had been written: The Rise and Fall of Modern Secularism
7. One book that you wish had never been written: I couldn't pick just one.
8. One book you’re currently reading: Organic Chemistry.
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: I don't have any planned.
10. Now tag five people: Danielle, Brian, Jennifer, Gary and Tara.
2 comments:
Kevin,
I'm a big Dilbert fan too. What an apt reflection of the engineering environment (esp. the bit about salesmen! ;)
Kevin,
I'm a big Dilbert fan too. What an apt reflection of the engineering environment (esp. the bit about salesmen! ;)
Post a Comment