
Here we are in Jamaica. Danielle and I plus all 6 kids plus my parents.

Of course not without a few problems. First because of my frequent flyer mileage being on different airlines - Danielle and I flew separately. Danielle had to fly with 4 children to Montego Bay via Toronto Canada. Besides being delay another 2 hours, she also had to prove that she was not kidnapping our children to the Canadian authorities. She arrived a bit late but we were glad that she and children were safe.

I had a nice flight with one small exception. To make things easier on Danielle, I took all the bags to be check-in. I checked in the bags with no problem and received 6 receipt tags. When I arrived in Jamaica we met my parents in the customs line where we waited about 1 hour. My parents took their luggage and walked out. I went to my luggage and found only 5 bags. I then had to report a bag missing. I did not remember what the bag look like since Danielle had done all the packing so I took a guess. This took quite some time and Air Jamaica was not able to find the bag. When Danielle arrived, I told her the bad news. She let me know that we only had 5 check-in bags. It must have been a mistake by Air Jamaica when they first checked us in.

Today, the kids had a lot of fun and the Jamaican staff have been super. Kayaking,

Swimming, Eating, Boat ride...

Well, the Glass Bottom Boat ride did not go so well. We went out but the boat stalled and they could not get it started. The boat was drifting close to the rocks before they put the anchor down. The boat driver had forgotten his cell phone and they did not have a distress flag so we waited. Finally, someone from shore guessed that there was a problem and came out in a Kayak. We were later transferred to another boat. In the end, the total boat ride was just over an hour. As the Jamaican's say, "No problem man."

During lunch there was a Bingo game. Aine won some Jamaican coffee.

She walked up to get here prize with confidence and poise - a 3 year old going on 13. My mom wished she had her camera with her. Everyone had a great 1st day.

1 comment:
Yo maun. Everyone looks like they have'n a real good time.
Post a Comment