Thursday, April 03, 2008

An Inspired Athleticism

Well the day finally arrived. My sons absolutely wiped me out in a race today. Brendan crushed me and Conall and Aidan beat me handsomely. The worst part was that I did not run a bad race. I ran 2 miles in 19 minutes with a full mile of the run on sand. The boys have all improved tremendously especially Brendan who is now sporting some strong looking calves.

While I was running my 6 year Aine did 200 sit-ups. The most that Danielle had done up to that point was about 50, but with Aine's inspiration, Danielle also did 200 sit-ups. When I saw Danielle do 200 sit-ups, I felt compelled to do 200 too (which I did). Then Fiona (age 13) did 200 sit-ups and lastly Aidan (age 9) did 500 sit-ups. All of these numbers were twice or three times more than we had done before.

It is funny how a little inspiration can motivate us to reach goals that we thought were not possible!

No comments: