
Here is the traffic jam in Bellevue, Washington. I am in a taxi coming from the Microsoft campus only about 5 miles away. With the meter near $20, you can see that travel is not too cheap in Seattle.

My home away from home - Starbucks. I need to buy some stock since I invest in them everyday! I am only a so-so coffee drinker but I do use "Hot Spots" to check my e-mail. Some of you are wondering why I don't get a Blackberry, actually my company gave me one. It is like carrying a brick around with me. I prefer a light phone over the combined solution.

This is my company's Bellevue office. I was really in town to visit Microsoft but I did swing around our office on the last day. I normally stay at the Doubletree in Bellevue but that was sold out. So I stayed at the Redmond Inn. On their website, the Redmond Inn boasts that they had a whole room of excercing equipment. Well they were truthful, but the room was only as big as a closet. Inside there were 3 pieces of old excercise equipment crammed in. I laughed when I saw it. If I had more time I would have taken a picture.

After Seattle, I flew to New York. I had a wonderful view of Time Square from the Marriott Marquis. I was on the 23rd floor. The hotel has a huge courtyard which extends up all 40 stories. On the 23rd floor there is a excercise room that has all glass walls. It looks like a giant Hamster cage except of course humans are running on the treadmills :).

One of the more painful parts of this trip was me paying for dinner for some of our corporate visiting Canadian dignitories. My wife is normally the one to talk about food, but the food was really good. It was a New Orleans restaurant about 2 blocks west of Time Square - Fried Grits, Fried Green Tomatoes and Jambalaya!

After New York, I joined my wife down in Tampa for our 5 Day cruise to Mexico and the Caymen Islands. The first day of the cruise was a bit rought. I went to the excercise room during the 1st day at sea. With all of the motion, excercising was more difficult than normal. I stuck to the eliptical exerciser and did my first "SPIN" class. Danielle remained in the cabin most of the day. She felt better later when she listened to the to the Jamaican Reggie Band. After the 1st tough day she was fine. When we arrived in Mexico I had to ask, "Is this the bus to Cartegena?"

A Mexican Pig. Our 1.5 year old daugher kept calling it a cow and saying "Mooou". For the Naturalist out there (like my wife), please tell me the correct group and species in Latin. My pronouncement of the animal as a pig is due to the influence of "Gerignat" in Galaxy Quest.

What trip would be complete to Mexico with a picture of the traditional mexican iguana.

Some of the Mayan ruins at Xcaret.
Some American tourists warming the waters on a cold day in Mexico.
1 comment:
Hey dad you want me to classify that 'mexican pig'. Yeah right mexican pig. That strange animal is acutaly called a tapir. Here is the complete classifaction
Kingdom: Animalia (Animals)
Phylum: Chordata (Animals with a back bone)
Sub phylum: Vertebrata (Vertebrates)
Class: Mammilia (Mammmals)
Order: Perissodactyla (Odd toed ungaltes or hoofed mammmals
Family: Tapiridae (Tapirs)
Genus: Tapirus (the only genus in the family)
Species: Tapirus Bradi
And you Dad couldn't figure that out? That a so called mexican pig is in a totally differant order from the pig. Pigs are EVEN toed hoofed mammals Tapirs are ODD toed, Tapirs are not just in Mexico, they are also in Malayasia and South america So your own son has to do this tiresome work for you. Don't you have to pass this kind of test to be a Dad. Sheesh.
(Just kidding)
Love Brendan
P.S Now for the classfication of the Igauna...
Post a Comment