
I was going to post a serious blog on money but my writing was interupted by an observation. The combined number of US dollars in the banks of Japan, China, Taiwan and South Korea is equal to over $2 Trillion or about 20% of everything in the USA.
Since the US does not plan to end their continual trade deficits, I thought why not give these 4 countries 20% of the US or 10 US States.
Here are the States I believe we should give away...
1. New Jersey – No explanation needed.
2. Staten Island – True SI is not a state but it is close to New Jersey and it is larger than Rhode Island.
3. Florida – Most of the folks are near expiration anyway.
4. North/South Dakota – Do we really need two?
5. North/South Carolina – Ditto.
6. West Virginia – Expand the genetic pool.
7. New Mexico – Folks don’t even know we own it.
8. Vermont – I can’t stand Ben & Jerry.
9. Delaware – Small wonder.
10. New Jersey – Just wanted to make sure!
6 comments:
Hey I live in New Jersey! Not fair.
Just to be balanced - I want to mention that, even though there is a deficit, American-owned assets overseas total roughly 7 trillion dollars. Perhaps you can make a list of what countries they could give us. I hope we can get Bermuda!
New Jersey is my state too. I thought that in making fun of states you should always pick your own first.
Good Comment on total Foreign Investment by the US.
Remember, I was just looking at cash in 4 of our leading Asian investors banks. Lets look at total foreign ownership of US assets and Foreign ownership of US assets. This will be including everything.
Total Foreign Ownership of US Assets - $11.537 Trillion
Total US Ownership of Foreign Assets - $ 9.052 Trillion
In 2004, Foreign Nationals have claim to the difference which is over $2.485 Tillion of US assets. Again roughtly 20% of the total US economy. Unfortunately, the situation will be much worse for the year ending 2005. Please see the Bureau of Economic Analysis for more details. http://www.bea.gov/bea/newsrel/intinvnewsrelease.htm.
Hey Floridia is where I was born!(Though I don't remember it).
Your son Brendan
Don't worry Brendan. It will make you at least a dual citizen. Maybe a country with more lizards!
Your Dad
Placed some pics on my blog. - Brian
http://www.gracealone.net/
Hmmmm
Your son Brendan
Post a Comment