
“The Giants beat the Patriots on Sunday night, beat Brady and his record-setting offense in physical, sometimes brutal, old-time Giants fashion. Dragged them down and back from the precipice of immortality.”
As a life long Giant fan, I can't help but be a little happy over their surprising win over New England. I grow up with the Giants always playing a great 3 quarters and losing at the end to a Fran Tarkington, Roger Staubach, etc. The final drive by the Giants were done by a team that believed in themselves. Losers always fold at the end, but winners always have that belief that they can do it and the Giants had it. In sports when you play a heavily favored team this is so difficult to do. You almost are waiting for them to drop you somewhere along the way. So hats off to the boys from East Rutherford. I wonder if the New England Patriots can recover emotionally. I don't expect them to be back next year.One last note, I was reading the UK Guardian to see their coverage of the game. I was amazed at how many folks stayed up late to watch it and went to work the next day. Learning a foreign game is not easy since it isn't something you learned in the back lot. Their comments on the game were also very interesting. They all loved the BBC coverage of the game which included lots of explanation.
No comments:
Post a Comment