
This post sums up one perspective on public school socialization. Thank you Danielle for pointing this article out to me.
PUBLIC SCHOOL SOCIALIZATION
When I mention we are homeschooling our children,
we are without fail asked, '...But what about
socialization?'
Fortunately, we found a way our kids can receive the
SAME socialization that government schools provide.
On Mondays and Wednesdays, I will personally corner
each child in the bathroom, give them each a wedgie
and take their lunch money. On Tuesdays, I will make
sure to tease our children for not being in the 'in'
crowd, taking special care topoke fun at any physical
abnormalities.
On Thursdays, I will make sure that one child is forced
to eat alone at a separate lunch table while those at
the other table mock him and throw spitballs.
... Fridays will be 'Fad and Peer Pressure Day.' we
will all compete to see who has the coolest toys, the
most expensive clothes, and the loudest, fastest, and
most dangerous car.
Every day, I will adhere to a routine of cursing,
being disrespectful, swearing in the hall, and
mentioning our weekend exploits with alcohol and
immorality.
And we have asked (our kids) to report us to the
authorities in the event we mention faith, religion,
or try to bring up any morals and values.
- Adapted from the: Kolbe Little Home Journal, Fall
2005
No comments:
Post a Comment